Saturday, February 28, 2009

Birthday Girl

It's Presley's Birthday!!!
She is three (or twenty one) depending how you think about it. She is such a precious little puppy, sometimes up to no good, but we love her nonetheless. To celebrate we will be eating a huge Mexican dinner with slow-cooked shredded pork, cilantro lime rice, handmade shells and chocolate cake. Presley gets her favorite soft dog food, new bone and a princess crown!



What have I been up to lately, now that I am done teaching? First of all, I am just getting bigger and bigger. And when I think my skin has stretched as far as it can, I get a little bigger. I can't lie down, sit or stand for very long, so I spend my day alternating between the three. To keep my mind occupied I attack one project a day. On this day I took everything out of the pantry and all the kitchen cupboards, wiped them all down, and reorganized.


I am always cleaning something in the baby's room. We just picked up the rocking chair, and I love it. I would start sleeping in it if I wasn't afraid of my water breaking in it! I have also run out of room for shoes in the baby's closet so I have moved on to a new obsession, hair bows!

And of course, our favorite part of the day, nap time. We are just counting down the days until our little girl arrives. Hoping that it comes early (as long as she is healthy) but trying to keep my mind busy so I don't go crazy if she comes late!

4 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Ohh.. hang in there! You are in the "nesting" stage where you organize and get everything perfectly ready.

alicia king said...

that is such a cute chair! and way to be organized! almost there, can't wait to see what she looks like!

audra garrett said...

Hey! Cute blog and cute dog:) I think us short girls have it rough during the pregnancies! I am a miserable and uncomfortable the entire time! My best friend was a big U shaped pillow I got from babycenter.com I don't remember what it's called but it was 60$ and worth every penny. It took up half our bed, and we threw it away (Adam hated it,)but I will buy another one the second I get prego again! Hope you're doing good! It's so fun to have a new baby!

Diana said...

I am jealous of your perfectly organized pantry, cleaned and stacked with such precision! Hang in there with the big baby belly. You are as beautiful as ever.