Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Joys/Hardships

Some of the joys in my life!


Bonding with baby Sophie. Holding my baby, feeding her or rocking her all hours of the day and night. Nothing could be so wonderful as holding that precious little girl.
Seeing Sophie with my mom!

Seeing Sophie notice the world! She is starting to coo and discover her voice, her eyes are more alert and she is awake for more hours of the day. It is amazing to watch her develop and grow.
The possibility of moving closer to family. Although I am not in an ideal situation, I need to make the best of it for Sophie. I need to be strong and positive. If we move closer to my family, I will have some much needed support and Sophie will have a lot of loving cousins to grow up with.

Things that are still hard.
I miss Monday nights with my husband, we would always have a fun dinner and watch 24. I miss having someone there at night, when I hear a sound or had a bad dream, I could reach over and he would be next to me. I miss having my phone call person, someone to call throughout the day to tell my stories to or for no good reason at all.

May 14th is my four year wedding anniversary. I think it will be a hard day. How do you stop loving someone? I am trying to figure that out. Each day gets a little better, I have breakdowns and bad moments, but all the joys with Sophie get me through to the next day. My family has been wonderful, I do not know what I would do without my mom and dad. So here is to four years that did not end as I had dreamed, but they gave me the most beautiful gift and the greatest joy in the world, Sophie!

15 comments:

Jewels said...

I wish I could be closer so we could help each other out. :) Hang in there. You'll make it through. Remember Heavenly Father always knows what you are going through and He's there to help you.

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

That was a beautiful post. You can really tell how much your love your little girl.

The Smiths said...

Heavenly Father knows your pains and your joys. He has blessed you with an amazing family to support you. Lean on your family and friends, we would love to be your happy phone calls and even the not so happy ones. You are a beautiful stong woman, you will come out of this shinning.

Lori Harris said...

Hang in there! What a beautiful baby girl! She is getting so big. Take care.

Bettridge Family said...

Ashley I didn't even know any of this was going on and I am your neighbor! Are you still in Tooele? I want to see you guys and help in any way I can. My heart is broken for you and I have been thinking about you all the time. Please let me know when you will be in Tooele so we can see you and Sophie! She is getting big already. They grow up to fast!!

Gloria said...

Be Strong!! That sweet little girl needs her mommy to be happy :) I have been thinking about you so much lately. I hope that you are doing okay. :)

Nicole said...

Ashley my heart still hurts for you. Please keep us updated and know that all the Blaser cousins are still here for you and that we love you and your Sophie.

Krystal said...

I hope you can get closer to home.. where are you looking to move?

The Free Family said...

You are amazing! Look at that beautiful little girl you have! I enjoyed our walk. Anytime you want company again, let me know!

segura2salazar said...

Ashley - Sophie gets more beautiful every day! I can't believe how alert she is getting. Mom said it was so fun to see her on Friday, and she can't believe how much she is changing. We miss you so much. Call me when you get back to town so we can get together. Love ya - A

Ras Family said...

What a trial you have right now. Good luck. We will pray for your family.

m and c said...

ashley- you are amazing. your positive attitude is so impressive. you will certainly be in my prayers! keep it up!

ashlee said...

Sophie is so beautiful and you are such a cute little momma. I love the picture of you two with her in her pretty white dress.

Brandi said...

You just never know what life can bring you. We all have trial and tribulations that we don't feel like we could ever make it through. If we keep the lord constantly in our thought it does make it a little easier to overcome. Sophie is just a doll. She is a beautiful baby girl. Someday I can't help but think he will deeply regreat his choices. Good Luck Ash-i will be praying for you two girls.

Candice said...

Is Sophie sleeping through the night yet? I know that I never knew about the lack of sleep everyone was talking about until I had Mia and then I couldn't believe how tired I was. Anyway just wondering if she sleeping for ya,,,,hope so :)