Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I was digging through my camera bag and came across these old pictures from August 08. This is the last time the whole Hoopes family got together! Lets hope that snowmobiling on Christmas day goes better! 

My favorite little 11yr old nephew, Dylan, had the first accident. He was riding with Brandon and Tyler and wanted to do all the things the big boys do. Tyler was guiding Dylan on a tight turn when the fore-wheeler started to tip. Dylan fell off and I don't know how, but Tyler managed to get between Dylan and the machine and catapult it upward. It knocked Tyler off a 30 foot drop where he landed in a tree, and this is what became of the fore-wheeler.

This is not a repeat image! It is a second fore-wheeler. While the rest of us went out on the boat, my dad and Grandpa Bob stayed at camp to do some more fore-wheeling. When it got a little too steep on the trail Grandpa let off the gas (never a good idea) and the fore-wheeler rolled right over top of him. This is where it landed.

With a few strong men folk, they were able to un-tangle the machine, and believe it or not they could actually drive it down the mountain!

Over 80 and invincible! Standing by his proud wreckage a bruised Grandpa Bob stood triumphantly! We were all just glad that Grandpa, Dylan and Tyler only walked away with minor injuries.

While the boys at camp were crashing down mountains, the rest of us enjoyed some time on the lake. This is Brandon helping Dylan get ready. Dylan was such a big boy, with a little help from Brandon in the water to get up he was skiing with the best of them.


A newly pregnant me on the boat. This is the trip where we excitedly told my family we were having a baby. This is my mom, skiing, this little girl could not ask for a cooler grandma!

Asia, my little niece who is now two, cheering Grandma on!

All in all, it was an eventful camping trip. We are very lucky that everyone walked away with no broken bones. I can't wait to have everyone together again for Christmas. Hopefully, we will all have just as much fun and walk away just as healthy. I love my family and can't wait to spend the holidays in Idaho this year.





No comments: