Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's not over until the fat lady tells a joke!


This weekend is my final performance with RDT, if you can call it a performance. It is our fall family show, and apparently some of the higher-ups at RDT find a pregnant woman aesthetically unpleasing onstage. So for my farewell performance I walk onstage, stand behind boxes and tell a joke! That's it! No dancing for this mother-to-be. Luckily I can laugh about the whole situation. I am not uncomfortable in a leotard but I guess it would make some people feel uneasy. I forget that most of the dancing world does not like to present "real people" onstage. So I say goodbye to my professional dancing days for now with a funny little joke about a frog.

1 comment:

leslie said...

Quite a different look from our black leo picture backstage at Extravadance! So dancing isn't getting hard for you? I am teaching a bunch and have to start wearing a support belt, I am in pain!! third kid though I guess...so jealous about Hawaii! have fun! I miss you! love seeing your pics